The ultimate guide to Meditation
Why meditating?
Meditation is one of the most easy, but effective ways to connect with your higher self. I recommend meditating everyday 10-20 minutes. Meditating is very easy, but also fun to do. I do it in bed when I can't sleep, and every morning before I go to school. Meditation makes you calm, and happier. You also become more kind to yourself and others. It also improves your concentration and health!
How to meditate:
*This is how I meditate, and how I've always been taught to meditate. Meditation is about finding what is nice for you, so you can do it completely different if you want to. These are just the basic steps.*
1. Find a comfortable place to sit, this can be on a pillow or on a carpet, but I don't recommend wood or stone, because you can get cold and that can prevent you from concentrating.
2. Sit in a way that is comfortable. I like to sit with my legs crossed and my hand on my lap. Sit as straight as possible, but don't over stretch your back.
3. Put on music if you want to.
4. Light a candle. This is optional but I like to do it. Look at the flame, but don't stare. Just observe it. While you're doing that a lot of thoughts are probably gonna pop up. Observe them too, but don't react on them.
5. Close your eyes if you want to, and focus on your breathing. Breathe in deeply, hold it for a couple of seconds, feel the fullness of your lungs, then slowly release it and keep releasing until your lung are empty. You can breathe out through your mouth if you like that. Breath deeply and relax at all times. And again, observe thoughts, but do nothing with them.
6. This step is fun when you're somewhere in the nature. Focus on one of your senses.
Good music:
Some people like to meditate with music on. Here are my favourites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suW_Fhv9wPU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrx1vyvtRLY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luRkeDCoxZ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfpLea9OurA
Lots of love,
Indya <3
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten